Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dewey's Read-a-Thon


It's time again for Dewey's Read-a-thon! On Saturday, October 9, Kate and I will attempt to read for as many hours as we can in the 24-hour period starting 8am EDT. We will donate a toonie to UNICEF for every hour that either of us reads.

My first attempt last year resulted in 9.5 hours of reading. Most of that was done on the train to Montreal and in the ICU visiting my Mom, who was seriously ill at the time. I am happy to report that she has now fully recovered and is in good health, so this time, I can read under more pleasant conditions.

I have a pile of mystery/thriller and YA books (always good for these intensive reading sessions) ready. Kate has had a very busy school year so far (that's why she's been rather quiet on this blog but she promises to write some reviews soon). She plans to kill two birds with one stone by reading books for an upcoming research project and for her classroom book-club.

If you have nothing to do on Saturday, or if whatever you need to do is less appealing than spending the entire day reading, then please join us! You can sign up as a reader and/or as a cheerleader. Cheerleading involves visiting other readers' blogs and leaving encouraging comments. It's a great way to discover new book blogs and get book recommendations.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your reading challenge. I think I'll be getting ready for the dinner guests on Monday, though I have just started a new audio book Never Let me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro and am loving it. I could listen to that while prepping food and cleaning.

    The camel wool feels lovely. I have a few other projects on the go, so it will have to wait for a while.

    ReplyDelete