Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dewey's Read-a-Thon: Update #2

We're just starting hour 8 now.

As well as reading on my couch, I went for an hour-long run in beautiful weather, while listening to Never Look Away by Linwood Barclay on my iPod.

For the Hour 2 Back-in-the-Day Children's Book Challenge, I wrote that the Anne of Green Gables series and the Little House series were my favourite childhood books. Kate's favourite is the Percy Jackson series.

For the Hour 4 Indie Pride Challenge, I posted a photo of Lesley Crewe's novel, Her Mother's Daughter, published by Nimbus Publishing, based in Atlantic Canada. I'm about half-way through this novel and hope to read more of it later today.

Paulina's stats:

Currently reading: Under This Unbroken Sky by Shandi Mitchell and Never Look Away by Linwood Barclay (audiobook)
Total hours read: 3hrs + 1 hr audiobook
Total pages read: 175
Mini-challenges done: Hour 1 meme, Hour 2 Back-in-the-Day Children's Book Challenge, Hour 4 Indie Pride Challenge.

Kate's stats:

Currently reading: The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot by Robert Arthur and The Borrowers by Mary Norton
Finished: The Secret of Terror Castle by Robert Arthur
Total hours read: 3
Total pages read: 260

2 comments:

  1. A fun little ditty:

    There once was a girl from Canuck
    Whose nose was oft' buried in a book
    Her hoarding got bad
    Her neighbors got mad
    So the townsfolk bought her a nook

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, I never did get to reading yesterday. Glad that you are doing so well. I'll keep checking to see how you did.

    ReplyDelete