Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dewey's Read-a-Thon: The End

Kate slept through the final 10 hours of the Read-a-Thon, but I managed a final hour this morning. Kate did get up in time for us to read one last book together before 8am EDT, a 4-page story written on Storybird by my nephew Oliver and his friends. What a great way to finish off the read-a-thon!

Our final statistics are below.

Paulina's stats:

Partially finished: The Murder Stone by Louise Penny and Never Look Away by Linwood Barclay (audiobook)
Finished: Under This Unbroken Sky by Shandi Mitchell, Storm Warning by Linda Sue Park (started prior to Read-a-Thon), and my nephew's book.
Total hours read: 7.5 hrs + 2 hr audiobook
Total pages read (not counting audiobooks): 474
Mini-challenges done: Hour 1 meme, Hour 2 Back-in-the-Day Children's Book Challenge, Hour 4 Indie Pride Challenge, Hour 11 Attempting Audiobooks Challenge, Hour 12 meme

Kate's stats:

Partially finished: The Borrowers by Mary Norton, Alexander the Great by Penny Worms
Finished: The Secret of Terror Castle by Robert Arthur, The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot by Robert Arthur, Storm Warning by Linda Sue Park (started prior to Read-a-Thon), and her cousin's book.
Total hours read: 4.5 hrs + 1 hr audiobook
Total pages read (not counting audiobooks): 384

I read (or listened to audiobooks) a total of 9.5 hours this year, which was the exact same total as last year. However, I did (at least) an hour of cheerleading this time, so my overall participation increased. Kate didn't meet her goal of finishing her research reading, but I didn't really expect her to. (That's based on my own experience. How many times have I put aside the research/work reading for a good mystery?) Still, she managed 5.5 hours of reading (including audiobook time). Together, we read for 15 hours, so we'll be donating $30 to UNICEF.

Many thanks to the organizers of the event and mini-challenges, as well as to the cheerleaders and other readers who visiting my blog during the event! I'm looking forward to doing this again next year.

3 comments:

  1. You've done so well! Congrats to you both for finishing the 24hrRaT. See you next time around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. for non-white rice I tend to stick with what the package says and cross my fingers. Usually about 2 1/2 cups water per 1 cup rice. Usually works.

    ReplyDelete