Here are my final totals:
Hours of reading: 7
Hours of audiobook listening: 1.5
Total pages read: 563
Books finished: 2
Other books started: 1
Mini-challenges done: 3 (Hour 1 end-of-event meme, Hour 11 Picture-it challenge, Hour 12 end-of-event meme)
Cheerleading hours: 3
Here are Kate's totals:
Hours of reading: 2
Total pages read: 200
Books finished: 0
Other books started: 1 (a re-read of Fear by Michael Grant)
Kate and I spent 13.5 hours participating (reading and cheerleading) in the read-a-thon, so as promised, we've donated $27 to Free the Children, Kate's favourite charity.
Now for the end-of-event meme:
- Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 17. I really needed sleep at that point.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
I tried a graphic non-fiction book this time, and it worked well.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I was a cheerleader again and really enjoyed it. I would love to see more people signing up as cheerleaders!
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Everything ran very smoothly, as usual! Many thanks to the organizers.
- How many books did you read?
I finished two books and started a third. Kate read half of one book.
- What were the names of the books you read?
For me: No Time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay and The Influencing Machine by Brooke Gladstone
For Kate: Fear by Michael Grant
- Which book did you enjoy most?
I really enjoyed No Time for Goodbye.
- Which did you enjoy least?
I enjoyed everything I read!
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I kept a spreadsheet of all the blogs my team (Team Tiger) was covering and tried to visit each at least once. I would have loved to pay multiple visits to each blog, but there just wasn't enough time to cheer and read too.
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Kate and I will definitely participate again. I will try to do even more cheerleading next time.