Saturday, October 22, 2011

Dewey's Read-a-thon: Update #2

We are at the halfway point of the challenge. Since the last update, I've read 3 more hours and Kate has read 2.5, to make a total of 6 hours for each of us. I finished The Guardians by Andrew Pyper and have just started The Dragon Turn: The Boy Sherlock Holmes, His 5th Case by Shane Peacock. Kate is halfway through Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey, another book from the Red Maple list.

I've also spent some time on my cheerleading duties, checking out other readers' blogs and getting some good recommendations as a result. Because of a social commitment this evening, I'll be offline and away from my books for a while, but I hope to squeeze in a bit more reading before I go off to bed tonight.

2 comments:

  1. You've did a great job so far! Hope you get a few more hours in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheerleading definitely makes Readathon better!

    You can read a book about a man named Ron
    Or rhinoceros named Randy,
    Just keep reading until you can't go on,
    And your Readathon will be dandy!

    ReplyDelete